1. Click on this link to find out if a sidewalk is a good place to cook your morning breakfast!
2. Now that you have read "Can You Really Cook An Egg on the Sidewalk?", answer the following questions in your science notebook:
1) What does the word "efficiently" mean?
2)Are sidewalks good conductors of heat? What does it mean to be a good conductor?
3)Can you cook an egg on the sidewalk? Why or why not?
3. Click on this link then hit launch. A new window should open up on your computer.
4. Go through the website by hitting next. Be sure to answer the questions below in your science notebook too:
4) What is thermal energy?
5) What happens when you make it colder? What happens when you make it hotter?
6) In conduction, what particles are the first in the pan to get thermal energy?
7) In convection, where do the cooler, more densely packed particles move?
8) How does the pot give off heat once it comes off the stove?
9) Explain how conduction, convection, and radiation together help heat the Earth?
5. When you are finished, please wrap up your head phones and plug your laptop in. You can work on homework or independent read. There is no talking or you will lose free time at the end of the day.